Episode 32: Launching your book
Writer Mom Life Episode 32: All about launching your book!
Finally, all your hard work writing and editing and getting covers and formatting has paid off, because now it’s LAUNCH DAY! In this episode, Daphne and I talk about some key things to remember (and plan for) when that big day finally comes!
- The importance of knowing your why (as in all things!!) before you launch your book, so you can plan according to that why: ie, is it just to get your book out there? To launch higher than your friend? Or reach bestseller status?
- Always remember, you DO have a “redo button” in this business!
- Some of the tools available to indie authors right now, and how to beat overwhelm if confronted with too many options! (HINT: The Writer Mom Life Facebook group can help!)
- How hitting the bestseller lists isn’t by accident.
- The critical time period for ensuring your book’s long-term success.
- The two very most important things to do to reach success if everything else is just too much.
- and more!
- Launch a Bestseller Course is not currently enrolling (I can’t even find a wait list site for it!) but you can find tons of great, free info on Tim Grahl’s website!
- Writer Mom Life Facebook group
- 20Booksto50k Facebook group
- Your First 10k Readers course (you can get his free training even though the course isn’t enrolling currently – Nick Stephenson (check out his informational blog here)
- Joanna Penn – launching the book is just the first step
- Self Publishing 101 – Mark Dawson (actually currently enrolling, and this one would walk you through all the technical basics of self-publishing, if that’s what you’re looking for)
- Kara Lockharte’s interview on Writer Mom Life – demonstrating the effectiveness of newsletter swaps for your book launch!
- Author Newsletter Share and Swap (all genres)
- SFF Newsletter Swaps (scifi and fantasy only, NL swaps only)
- SFF Book Bonanza – Author Promotions (scifi and fantasy only, various promo opportunities)
- Dream Team Network – paid group, for newsletter swaps
- Epic Fantasy > Romantic Authors – J. R.’s group, for support of authors of romantic fantasy and cross promotions/newsletter swaps, etc
- Just do a search in Facebook for “[your genre] authors” and you’ll find groups that are great for swapping with!