Episode 2: Amy Hopkins and Writing Tools
Writer Mom Life Episode 22: Amy Hopkins and Writing Tools
(Disclosure: some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, we get a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.)
Australian author Amy Hopkins knows how important having writer friends is: whether it’s getting you out of a self-doubt funk or collaborating on new projects, she’s found the support she needs to help her reach her goals. We talk a little about those goals, how she sets them (hint: not 5 years in advance! Just a few months at a time), and get into discussing her current and future projects.
– What’s different about her Writer Mom Life this year
– Why she focuses on quarterly goals
– How she started collaborating with Michael Anderle
– What that kind of massive collaboration project looks like (it sounds so fun!)
– Why it’s been such a successful model for Michael (hint: it puts readers first!)
– Why she’s doing a pen name for her next series
– Where she found her “family” of other writers
– What she hopes to be able to do in 3 years (not 3 months!)
J. R. Frontera’s Tips and Resources
Today’s tips focus all on some of the various writing tools we’ve found to make a writer’s life easier! Of course, there are tons and tons of writing tools out there, and what works for one person may not work for you, but we’ve picked a few of our favorites to go over in today’s tips to give you a place to start!
So check these things out, pick what works for you, discard the rest, and make your life easier!
Some of the tools we discuss are:
- Scrivener (THE BEST for drafting!)
- K. M. Weiland’s Outlining Your Novel software
- K. M. Weiland’s Scrivener template
- Microsoft Word (Track Changes are still great for edits!)
Then join our Writer Mom Facebook community to hear more personal stories from tons of other writer moms! Can’t wait to see you there!